- To improve the quality of life for residents and businesses in Oakham Town
- To provide effective, transparent and accountable local government of Oakham Town
- To effectively represent the residents and businesses in Oakham Town
- To protect and enhance amenities in Oakham Town
- To preserve and enhance the rural, built and natural environments of Oakham Town
- To enable residents to be involved in the life of Oakham Town and its future development
- To keep informed of changes to legislation and ensure that procedures and Town Council policies are reviewed and revised in line with such changes
- To continue to maintain and update the website. Publish all information required by legislation and as much other information as possible on site.
- To give residents and businesses the opportunity to express their views and represent these effectively.
- To communicate effectively with residents, for example through our website and our Facebook page. To explore new ways of communication.
- To work effectively with the County Council and Councillors and other service providers.
- To produce a Neighbourhood Plan with Barleythorpe for Oakham and once adopted to use this effectively in planning related matters. To further Community Actions in the adopted plan
- To consider, from a local perspective, all planning and Enforcement matters that effect the town and provide comment on their impact on local residents, the wider community and the rural nature of the town
- To encourage residents to become involved in projects, e.g. Neighbourhood Plan, Parks and Open Spaces
- To work with residents to improve Community Resilience.